Will Fix It Garbage Disposal Repair
If you’ve ever been in the middle of washing dishes and the garbage disposal won’t turn on, you understand the hassle of a broken garbage disposal. The simple machine can have many little issues that need a quick repair. Will Fix It provides San Antonio, TX homeowners exceptional garbage disposal repair services. We’ll assess the problem and find a quick solution. Whether it’s a simple restart or a major issue, we’ll get your garbage disposal back working like new. Contact us today for garbage disposal repair!
What are some signs I need to replace my garbage disposal unit?
There are a few signs that you need to replace your garbage disposal, including:
- Won’t Turn On – Your garbage disposal may turn on but won’t make any noise. Never put your hand into your garbage disposal to find the culprit. You can try to reset the machine by hitting the reset button. If that doesn’t work, check your circuit breaker.
- Leaking – Leaking can be an indication that the rings need to be tightened on your sink flange or that your garbage disposal unit has a hole in its case.
- Foul Odors – If you notice a lingering foul odor, you could need a new disposal. The blades get dull over time, leading to food getting trapped and decomposing in the unit.
Slow Drain – Sometimes food, liquid, and debris get stuck in your drain. Try vinegar and baking soda first to try to dislodge the clog. If that doesn’t work, we’ll come to see if there is a bigger problem.
Things to Never Put Down Your Garbage Disposal
Garbage disposals are tough systems built to handle a large amount of kitchen waster, but there are still items that should not be put down the garbage disposal, including:
- Fat, grease, and oil
- Coffee grounds
- Seafood shells
- Potato peels
- Fruit pits
Preventing Garbage Disposal Problems
It’s important to take care of your garbage disposal. The best things to do to prevent problems include:
- Run water while the disposal is going.
- Break up large items.
- Place citrus fruits in the garbage disposal for a pleasant smell.
- Grind ice to help blades sharpen.
- Use the garbage disposal regularly.
- Be careful not to overfill the garbage disposal.
- Never use your hand to clear the unit. Use tongs instead.
- If your unit is frequently clogging, consider moving up to a more powerful disposal.
Trust the Team at Will Fix It
Our Will Fix It technicians have extensive experience repairing and installing garbage disposals of all makes and models. We’ll always be honest about repairing or replacing your garbage disposal. We understand the frustration you feel when it won’t work properly. As part of the ARS/Rescue Rooter network, we have a vast range of resources to help your every plumbing need. Since 1994, we’ve served the San Antonio area for all their heating, cooling, plumbing, and insulation needs. Contact us today with questions.
Contact Will Fix It For Garbage Disposal Services
Will Fix It is here to handle your most challenging garbage disposal services. When you want the job done right, contact our team of professionals. We can schedule an appointment to visit your residential or commercial space for garbage disposal repairs or replacements. Give us a call now!